Whether you use a rental truck or hire a moving company, international or local move, moving from one place to another is a task that needs enough budget and proper planning. Proper planning can save you from headaches, manage your budget, and get a great deal from moving companies.
You need to understand the different options available to get the cheapest deal. We all know moving is difficult and it’s difficult to decide which suits your needs. Hiring a full-service moving company has more advantages, but there’s no doubt moving truck rental is more affordable.
Also, Read: U-Haul Truck Rental Offers
If you have decided to go for a moving truck rental than hiring a full-service moving company, here are the tips for driving for a safer move. Driving a large vehicle can be tricky especially if it’s your first time. Here are the tips to help you when you are in charge of the wheel.
Tips for Driving a Rental Truck
- Take time to learn and understand the moving truck, check all the bolts and nuts before driving the roads. Adjust the mirrors, windshield pipers, and check all the light if it’s working. Make sure all these things are functional before you take to the road.
- Although larger moving trucks can fit 3 passengers, keep in mind that the majority of rental trucks don’t have a back seat.
- Drive only the permitted speed limit by the states, don’t get excited, and obey the rules.
- If you are driving a large vehicle, always maintain your distance from other cars. Avoid tailgating to avoid accidents.
- Keep in mind and always remember clearance. Be cautious with underpasses, drive-thrus, stop lights, and bridges. This will avoid any damage to the rental truck and your safety.
- Avoid getting closer to sidewalks, narrow roads. Stay on the main roads when driving larger vehicles.
- Have time to understand and prepare for much larger turns. Turning a larger truck is not your like your everyday car.
More tips for moving out of state with a rental truck
- Keep the gas tank full.
- Try not to let it get too low through inadequately populated states.
- Always include buying insurance to avoid outrageous damage fees!
- Take a picture of any gouges, scratches, or flaws with the rental company before leaving the area so you don’t get charged for them.
- Drive slow over speed bumps and curbs to abstain from harming your stuff.
- Request that loved ones assist you with loading and unloading the truck.
- Make sure to cushion your furnishings and hardware to protect them.
- Put a thick strong padlock for the back to hinder criminals.
- Pack your large and heavy stuff low, and lighter stuff up high for the best outcomes.
- Try not to leave room on the floor for things to slide around.
- Take as much time as necessary and don’t rush things.
Benefits of rental truck
- It’s the least expensive approach to move a family unit with furniture.
- You can move 1 vehicle behind you on the off chance that you get the best possible truck and tow package.
- Your stuff will get to your new home a similar time you do.
To ensure your safety when driving a truck rental, it is advisable to keep the speed level that you can manage. However, if you are towing a trailer, the company will recommend not driving faster than 45 MPH. After a successful move, you must understand that the rental truck is returned to the rental location, check your rental agreement.