Are you a moving company owner? You are aware of all the ins and outs of the company, given its clients’ seasonality and financial solvency in various fields. You’ve got a perfect team of expert movers, excellent facilities, social media ads, but somehow, is there anything missing? how about how to get moving leads? Or do you want your company to diversify and expand? Have you ever thought of ways to boost the activities of your moving company? What processes need to be considered, and what procedures need to be revised?
The experience of effective moving companies has shown that there are a variety of basic rules in the industry that function for a profitable company. Making nothing more than a successful company, however, is not the goal you seek, is it? The business should be cost-effective enough to manage and grow a profitable company and, of course, meet the owner’s personal needs.
There was also a small start for the largest and most profitable companies. And all you had at the beginning of your journey, personally, was probably a pair of hands and a great desire to make money. But what does it take for a young or a very seasoned moving company to continuously raise its revenue? After all, you created your business to make a profit, didn’t you?
Let us study a highly successful moving company’s commonly established rules. Nowadays, are they applicable? In your business, what do you think you can improve?
These are the rules for running a successful moving company
- One step at a time: take a good process, put it in place, bring it into action, and then take another step. Don’t get distracted, don’t get yourself ahead of you. Take one move at a time if you want to go up to the next level.
- Invest in yourself: Your company is you. You’re a reflection of your business. The more you are capable of studying, reading books, learning new techniques and tactics, the more your company can develop. It is your continuing education that is your achievement. You can’t keep silent and expect things to fall into place.
- Master what is at the forefront: Don’t try to cover all potential areas of your market at the same time. If you start with local moves, become a pro in local moves, unless you master what is in front of you, don’t try to extend to other areas.
- Keep a cash reserve: You know there’s a seasonal moving company. Summertime is generally a busy time, and it tends to drop off after summer. You have to make sure you still have a cash balance, regardless of whether or not you have a busy time. Don’t take too much cash out of your business.
- Train your customer service: If you want to build fans, train your movers on how you want them to connect with your customers.
- Know the numbers: You need to know your declaration of profit and loss, your marketing report, the report of finished moving projects, you need to know exactly where you are.
- Diversify your Marketing: Don’t invest in just one and the same marketing source.
- Go out and pound the pavement: To get more references, try and make as many contacts as possible with clients, businesses, and individuals.
- Sell Value and service, not price: Most businesses do not charge enough for their services. The so-called moving sales machine you need to concentrate on constructing. Have a follow-up method, have sales scripts, have everything you need to offer a service, not the price.
The rules for operating a good moving business are these. Try to have at least one rule, to begin with. For your new, more efficient, more profitable company, take the first step.
You might say that this is too difficult, that you are too busy doing things, and that you don’t have time to diversify marketing, encourage fans, build customer relationships and get referrals, but do you want to grow your business?
This is what our company was built for! We are here to help you enter the market, or to extend your present presence. We are ready to assist you in finding new clients and selling your services.
You are surely trying to build and expand your business, and all aspects of your business are becoming harder and harder to manage. Sales department, how to get moving leads, marketing and development department, staff training, customer engagement in the pre-sales period, during a move and after the services rendered, building trust among customers, etc., all of which involve constant attention, time, and resources.
At Wowmover We Offer moving leads to maximize and save time on your moving company expenditures
We Offer Moving Leads