Moving is most likely on everybody’s least most loved activity list. Regardless of whether it’s two or three houses down the road, a couple of states over or cross-country, it is terrible without a doubt. It is exorbitant, tedious and can be overpowering. To make it the least excruciating as could reasonably be expected and fruitful, here are a few hints:
- Have a plan! As soon as you know you are moving, have a plan. Whether you like to use a complicated spreadsheet on the computer or old school pen and paper. You should write down everything that needs to get accomplished with a timeline.
- Speaking of timeline, stay on schedule. Be up to date with school enrollment and utility installations. Nobody wants to walk into a new house with no power.
- Compare – You want the only best movers to move your valuables but at a good price. Make sure to get at least three different quotes from different moving companies.
- Hire a Reputable Moving Company – After you go through the different quotes, make a decision based on their reputation and it doesn’t hurt to ask around or read reviews. Cheaper isn’t always better.
- Get important documents updated – When you change addresses there is a lot of documents that need to be updated such as your license and car registration. Make a list of all documents that need an address update and do it ASAP. Not a tip that should be ignored.
- Insurance – we can’t forget that you are putting your valuable in the hands of others. Check out what the moving company’s insurance covers and, depending on how many valuable you have, you may want to buy a better plan.
Now the simple stuff is out of the way , packing. Regardless of how frequently you have packed, long-distance is an entire other story. These tips will assist you with setting aside time and cash and furthermore ensure everything shows up in your new home securely and flawless.
- Make a list of your belongings that you will be taking. Even though you know what your property is yours, it’s a lot easier just to check off a list to make sure everything has arrived.
- Does everything fit? Some items you may think you can eye if it fits or not. To make sure take measurements of the rooms so you don’t move a king size bed frame that doesn’t fit.
- Downsize – This will save you money. Get rid of clothes you haven’t worn in a year, appliances you don’t use and books you’ve already read. If you don’t love it, use it or need it, toss it. If you have enough items you could hold a garage sale but either way you will still save money by not having that much more to pack and move.
- Organize – When you unpack it will be a lot easier to know which area of the house the items go into. As your packing label each box by area or room and you can even put a number that corresponds with the number on you inventory list.
- Triple check your belongings – before the movers get there make sure to go over your inventory list to insure everything is accounted for upon arrival to you new home.
Here at Wowmover our expert staff will help you on your next interstate move in a sheltered and opportune way. We are long movers with long periods of involvement with effectively executing many moves all through the United States for families and organizations. It’s not possible for anyone to beat our low costs, and solid movers. Presently it’s our chance to help make your interstate movement a total achievement.